On day tour to Seven Rila Lakes you will be able to see the most popular natural attraction in Bulgaria. Seven Rila Lakes is a place where you can see green grass covered with snow, and incredibly deep and blue sky, the crystal surface of glacial lakes and incredible natural views. They are located about 80 km from Sofia and near to Rila Monastery. The route is not the easiest, but even children get over it, nevertheless, you need to be in comfortable shoes and take warm clothing with you.
Pick up: tour can start from any address in Sofia.
Tour Duration: 6 to 8 hours. Depends on the number of stops and time spent at attractions.
Price: from €100 for a group for up to 4 people. Will vary depending on your chosen vehicle type, number of passengers. Price you can check in the table below.
Accepted payment methods: cash.
All our tours are individual. It means you are travelling in your company without other people. Thus, you can independently choose the route, how much time to spend in one place or another, where and when to make a stop to refresh and have lunch.
Why to book day tour to Seven Rila Lakes with Iksam:
Pick up/drop off from your address
Prices for day tour to Seven Rila Lakes
|Route:||up to 4:||up to 6:|
|Private day tour from Sofia to Seven Rila Lakes||160 €||200 €|
Price for day tour to Seven Rila Lakes
- Chosen vehicle with a driver
- Baby seats if required
- VAT, fuel, paid parking
- Good mood and a lot of impressions
- Entry tickets
- Food, drinks
- Personal expenses
Book tour to Seven Rila Lakes:
or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org; +359 89 566 3731
About Seven Rila Lakes:
A group of glacial lakes is located in the northwestern part of the Rila Mountains, at an altitude of 2100 – 2500 meters. The unique nature, picturesque ridges and peaks, and between them the chain of the unusual form of lakes – all this is breathtaking. Each of the lakes has a name representing a feature of each lake:
- Tear (Sаlzata) – the highest lake, the water in it is sheer as a tear, you can even see the bottom of the lake.
- Eye (Okoto) – the deepest lake – 37.5 meters. It has a characteristic oval shape and dark blue color.
- Kidney (Bаbreka) – the form of this lake will not allow you to make a mistake and garble it with another. The lake with the most rocky shores.
- Gemini (Bliznaka) – the largest lake, has the shape of an hourglass, and in more dry years it is divided into two halves, hence the name Gemini.
- The Trefoil (Trilistnik) is a lake with low shores and irregular shape.
- Fish (Ribnoto) – the smallest of all the lakes.
- Bottom (Dolnoto) – as you can guess from the name of the lake it is the lowest of the lakes. It collects water from all the lakes and forms the river Djerman.
All reservoirs are connected by streams, fish are found in some of the lakes, but the diversity is small, since the water temperature is low. You can get to the lakes by lift, and then you need to continue on foot. Also from the Rila monastery laid hiking route, the road takes 5-7 hours. It is the best to visit the lakes in the summer months, because even in June the lakes can be covered with ice and snow in places. But even in winter, covered with ice and snow, the mountains offer entertainment like skiing and snowboarding.